Our admissions deadline for 2019/2020 has passed. We have limited spaces available in grades 7-11 for rolling admission; please fill out our inquiry form or contact us at email@example.com for information about applying for fall 2019. Our 6th grade class for this year is currently full; please consider us for 7th grade in 2020/2021.
At Northwest Academy, we believe that your student is more than just a test score or a grade point average. Our admissions process is designed to help us get to know each student through a classroom visit, written work samples, and placement tests written and graded by our teachers.
If you would like to learn more about Northwest Academy for your student, the best way to begin is by filling out an online inquiry form. A member of our admissions team will contact you soon afterward, and your online account will give you access to a checklist and calendar to help you navigate the application process.
Here are the key steps in the process – many of which can be scheduled or completed online.
- Attend an Info Session or private tour (parents).
- Complete the online application (Please speak with the Admission Director first before applying for the 2019/20 school year)
- Submit the $100 application fee.
- Spend a Shadow Day at Northwest Academy (students).
- Submit a writing sample and student statement
- Request Teacher Evaluations electronically, or give printed Teacher Evaluation Forms, to two academic teachers and one counselor, mentor teacher, or coach. Completed forms will be faxed or mailed directly to Northwest Academy by the teachers.
- Deliver a signed Student Records Release Form to the student’s current school requesting copies of current and past year grade reports/transcripts and behavioral records to be sent to Northwest Academy Admissions.
- Take Admissions Assessment. Northwest Academy does not require the SSAT; our diagnostic testing is written and graded by Northwest Academy instructors. This testing is required for admission and must be completed prior to the application deadline.
- Following completion of the application, use the online calendar to schedule an interview for the student with Northwest Academy’s Admissions Committee.
- The application deadline for 2019-2020 is January 31, 2019.
- If you are applying for Financial Aid, the application for new students will be due on February 15, 2019. For current/returning students, the Financial Aid application deadline is January 9, 2019
To learn more about the school, download the Northwest Academy catalog. For more information please contact our admissions office.
A commitment to equity and inclusion lies at the heart of Northwest Academy’s culture and its arts and academic partnership. Since the founding of the school, we have enjoyed the uniqueness of each individual student and teacher. Their diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives create a culture rich with mutual respect, authenticity and a commitment to justice. These include, but are not exclusive to, a wide array of economic backgrounds, races, family dynamics, sexual orientations, gender identity, physical abilities, ethnicities, and cultures. Such diversity is essential to our staff, and to our students’ abilities to develop into thoughtful, creative individuals who will lead inspired and meaningful lives.