At Northwest Academy, we believe that each student is more than just a test score or a grade point average. Our admissions process is designed to help us get to know each student through a classroom visit, the student’s written work, and placement tests written and graded by our teachers. To learn more about the school, download the Northwest Academy catalog. For more information please contact Admissions Director Lainie Ettinger, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend an Info Session or private tour (parents).
- Spend a Shadow Day at Northwest Academy (students).
- Complete the online application or print out a PDF application, including both the Student and Parent Statements.
- Submit a writing samples.
- Submit $100 application fee.
- Submit Teacher Evaluation electronically forms as part of the online application process or give the Teacher Evaluation Forms, along with a stamped envelope, to two academic teachers and one counselor, mentor teacher, or coach. They should then complete and fax or mail directly to Northwest Academy, Attn: Director of Admissions.
- Transcripts: Please sign the accompanying Student Records Release Form and deliver it to the student’s current school requesting that copies of current and past year grade reports/transcripts and behavioral records be sent to Northwest Academy, Attn: Director of Admissions.
- Testing: Schedule a time to take our entrance test, either on one of the following dates, or individually at your convenience. Northwest Academy does not require the SSAT. Our diagnostic testing is written and graded by Northwest Academy instructors. This testing is required for admission and must be completed prior to the application deadline. Our admissions exam dates are:
Saturday, January 6, 2018
Sunday, January 21, 2018
Please email the Admissions Director to schedule an individual testing date testing date if neither of those options is convenient.
- Interview: Following completion of the application process, the Admissions Director will call you to schedule an interview for the student with Northwest Academy’s Admissions Committee. The student may bring work samples or a portfolio to this interview.
- Applications are due January 31, 2018.
- If you are applying for Financial Aid, the deadline for that application is February 15th.
A commitment to equity and inclusion lies at the heart of Northwest Academy’s culture and its arts and academic partnership. Since the founding of the school, we have enjoyed the uniqueness of each individual student and teacher. Their diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives create a culture rich with mutual respect, authenticity and a commitment to justice. These include, but are not exclusive to, a wide array of economic backgrounds, races, family dynamics, sexual orientations, gender identity, physical abilities, ethnicities, and cultures. Such diversity is essential to our staff, and to our students’ abilities to develop into thoughtful, creative individuals who will lead inspired and meaningful lives.