Are you interested in applying? We still have limited openings in certain grades. We’d like to speak with you and your student! Please fill out our admission inquiry form and we’ll be in touch.
At Northwest Academy, we believe that your student is more than just a test score or a grade point average. Our admissions process is designed to help us get to know each student through a classroom visit, written work samples, and customized placement tests.
While some of our processes have changed because of Covid-19, we still look forward to getting to know your student via the virtual meetings, collected work samples, and our own placement tests. We do not do standardized testing at Northwest Academy for admissions.
Once you have filled out the online inquiry form, here are the key steps in the process—many of which can be scheduled or completed online.
- Attend a Virtual Open House or Personal Virtual Meeting with the Director of Admission(parents).
- Complete the online application
- Submit the $100 application fee.
- Your student will observe several recorded online classes and asked for their feedback and thoughts through an Artistic Response—more information can be found when you log in to your Northwest Academy account (students).
- Submit a writing sample and student statement
- Request Teacher Evaluations electronically, or give printed Teacher Evaluation Forms to your child’s current math teacher (or classroom teacher) and one other teacher, counselor, or coach that has worked with your child within the last two years. Completed forms are confidential and will be sent electronically directly to Northwest Academy.
- Deliver a signed Student Records Release Form to the student’s current school requesting copies of current and past year grade reports/transcripts and behavioral records.
- Following the completion of the application, take the Admissions Assessment. Northwest Academy does not require the SSAT; our diagnostic testing is written and graded by Northwest Academy instructors. This testing is required for admission and must be completed prior to the application deadline. We will publish group testing dates for applicants early in the calendar year. This year, the assessment will be given virtually. More information can be found when you log in to your Northwest Academy account.
- Following the completion of the application, use the online calendar to schedule a virtual online interview for the student with members of the Northwest Academy faculty and Admissions Committee.
- If you are applying for Financial Aid, you can start the FA process as soon as you apply for Admission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
A commitment to equity and inclusion lies at the heart of Northwest Academy’s culture and its arts and academic partnership. Since the founding of the school, we have enjoyed the uniqueness of each individual student and teacher. Their diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives create a culture rich with mutual respect, authenticity and a commitment to justice. These include, but are not exclusive to, a wide array of economic backgrounds, races, family dynamics, sexual orientations, gender identity, physical abilities, ethnicities, and cultures. Such diversity is essential to our staff, and to our students’ abilities to develop into thoughtful, creative individuals who will lead inspired and meaningful lives.