At Northwest Academy, we believe that each student is more than just a test score or a grade point average. Our admissions process is designed to help us get to know each student through a classroom visit, written work samples, and placement tests written and graded by our teachers.
Our application deadline for the 2018-2019 school year has passed. We still have some spaces available in 7th and 9th grades, and will consider applications on a rolling basis until enrollment is full. If you are interested in applying, please create an account in our online admissions portal.
If you are considering Northwest Academy for the 2019-2020 school year, please attend our Information Session and Tour on Tuesday, May 8 at 10:30 AM. To sign up, please create an account in our online admissions portal.
Once you’ve created your account, there are a number of important steps in the application process:
- Attend an Info Session or private tour (parents).
- Spend a Shadow Day at Northwest Academy (students).
- Complete the online application or print out a PDF application, including both the Student and Parent Statements.
- Submit a writing sample.
- Submit the $100 application fee.
- Request Teacher Evaluation forms electronically via the online application process, or give the Teacher Evaluation Forms, along with a stamped envelope, to two academic teachers and one counselor, mentor teacher, or coach. They should then complete and fax or mail directly to Northwest Academy Admissions.
- Transcripts: Deliver a signed Student Records Release Form and to the student’s current school requesting copies of current and past year grade reports/transcripts and behavioral records be sent to Northwest Academy Admissions.
- Testing: Group admissions testing took place in January 2018 for the current application cycle; we will schedule individual testing sessions for rolling admissions. Northwest Academy does not require the SSAT. Our diagnostic testing is written and graded by Northwest Academy instructors. This testing is required for admission and must be completed prior to the application deadline.
- Interview: Following completion of the application, you can use the online calendar to schedule an interview for the student with Northwest Academy’s Admissions Committee. The student may choose to bring work samples or a portfolio to this interview, but is not required to do so.
- The application deadline for 2018-2019 was January 31, 2018. Check back soon for information about next year’s deadline.
- If you are applying for Financial Aid, the deadline for that application was February 15th. Check back soon for information about next year’s deadline.
To learn more about the school, download the Northwest Academy catalog. For more information please contact our admissions office.
A commitment to equity and inclusion lies at the heart of Northwest Academy’s culture and its arts and academic partnership. Since the founding of the school, we have enjoyed the uniqueness of each individual student and teacher. Their diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives create a culture rich with mutual respect, authenticity and a commitment to justice. These include, but are not exclusive to, a wide array of economic backgrounds, races, family dynamics, sexual orientations, gender identity, physical abilities, ethnicities, and cultures. Such diversity is essential to our staff, and to our students’ abilities to develop into thoughtful, creative individuals who will lead inspired and meaningful lives.