Working at Northwest Academy
Northwest Academy hires professionals who are passionate about working in schools and who thrive in a creative, dynamic setting. We encourage you to explore our website to learn about and experience our school’s inspiring program, culture, and community.
Northwest Academy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to welcoming and celebrating a diverse student and faculty population. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is the policy of the school that employment decisions for all applicants and employees will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability or other characteristics protected under local, state or federal law. No employee will be retaliated against for raising concerns under this policy. We seek each employee’s cooperation and assistance in helping us maintain equal employment opportunity.
Current Open Positions:
We are seeking a Middle School science teacher for the 2020-21 school year. This position seeks a teacher qualified to teach Life Science and Physical Science. Outside of the classroom responsibilities include planning for science fair and attending 1 week of MESD Outdoor School. Strong preference for math and science qualifications. The Northwest Academy science program provides students with a meaningful foundation in a sequential range of scientific disciplines, emphasizing a thorough and sound understanding of scientific concepts, methods, and strategies. Laboratory experimentation inquiry, investigation, model building, research, and scientific problem solving provide the program’s curricular foundation.
The Education Assistant is a member of the school’s instructional support staff and is responsible for the supervision and support of students and for maintaining a safe and healthy environment and school experience. Education Assistants ensure that the culture and activities of the school support the Mission and Core Values of Northwest Academy and its respective divisions. Education Assistants lead middle school programming and activities as assigned.
Northwest Academy is always interested in receiving resumes for teachers and artists who would like to be considered for future teaching opportunities. Qualified applicants will be contacted by Northwest Academy as positions become available.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in working at Northwest Academy to email@example.com. If you are applying for a specific position posted above, please tailor your letter to that position. No phone calls please.
Candidates who are considered for an interview must be prepared to submit a concise portfolio of their work as a teacher. Please do not submit these items prior to being scheduled for an interview. This should be a tailored, focused presentation:
- Examples of lesson plans in the appropriate discipline(s).
- Samples of assessments from 2 subject areas that reflect varied approaches to assessing student learning.
- A concise discussion of a lesson that you have given that did not go well and one that did go well, with accompanying explanations on what went well and what could be improved.
- A brief description of your ideal classroom. You should focus on your role within the classroom, management and organization strategies, and the roles students play in their daily experiences in your classroom. Please provide insights into your choices.
- A concise description of your leadership and/or teaching style and guiding philosophies, highlighting particular strengths and providing concrete examples of experiences that provide insight into your leadership and/or teaching capacities.
- Additional items that you feel highlight your knowledge and experience.
Northwest Academy also is interested in candidates who are artists or professionals in non-teaching fields who are considering a career in education. We recognize that such candidates may not be able to meet the above criteria in all respects; we encourage such individuals to tailor their presentation accordingly. Certification is not a prerequisite for employment.