As a community, we feel that it is imperative to support each other in any way possible during these turbulent times. Many of our families and supporters are independent contractors, small business owners, and local arts and cultural organizations, so we would like to support them as they navigate their new normal. Join us as we work to provide resources and support for these wonderful businesses and organizations.
- View the list of businesses that have made our student scholarships possible. Businesses in bold are directly tied to our community through our families, trustees, faculty, and staff.
- Join the Northwest Academy Board in a service project providing support for the Blanchet House and Raphael House!
- Make and donate homemade masks! Click here for the pattern and here for a tutorial, both made by one of our fabulous middle school teachers, Sharon Weir
- Check Adopt A Restaurant PDX to support the local service industry.
- Join us on May 1 for our first Virtual All-School Service Day, where students and families will do everything from making masks to writing letters to donating household items to organizations in need!
We will add to this list as opportunities arise, but for now, thank you for your ongoing support of our school and our local community.
Impacts on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion during a pandemic.
- The Slur I Never Expected to Hear in 2020
- Coronavirus reminds Asian Americans belonging is conditional
- Misinformation, Distrust May Contribute To Black Americans’ COVID-19 Deaths
- For Black Men, Fear That Masks Will Invite Racial Profiling
- Supporting Students Through Coronavirus
- Asian Americans – Documentary
- Let’s Talk! Supporting Asian and Asian American Students Through COVID-19