We are happy to announce that we have come up with a graduation plan for our seniors and their families that allows us to check most of the boxes desired for a traditional graduation ceremony while also ensuring everyone’s safety and following current social distancing rules.
Please save the date for Sunday, June 7 at 2:00 pm!
Since safety is the number one priority at the moment, the ceremony will only be open to the seniors and their immediate families/households—but don’t fret there are a couple of ways for you to join in on the celebration!
- Live stream: The event will be lived streamed and shared on our website and social media pages, so stay tuned for information on where to view it, make sure to save the date in the meantime!
- Post Graduation Car Parade: If you would like to congratulate our class of 2020, from a distance, join us for our post-ceremony car parade! Clap, yell, sing, dance (or do it all) as our seniors slowly drive away and into their futures!
Live Stream Info: Check back for live stream details as we near graduation!
Car Parade: You’re invited to cheer on our seniors after graduation! If you would like to be a part of the cheering crowd, here is more information:
- The graduation ceremony should be wrapping up around 3:30 pm
- At that point, graduates will load up in their cars and make their way down NE Schulyer St, between NE 6th and Ne 10th ave
- This is where you come in!
- Around 3:30, find parking anywhere around this area. Keep an eye on the live stream so you know when to be ready.
- Line up on the sidewalks of NE 6th between Hancock and Schuyler, NE Schuyler between NE 6th and 10th Ave, and on NE 10th between Schuyler and Broadway making sure to be at least 6 ft away from your neighbor (if you haven’t been quarantining with them), and wear a mask!
- Come prepared to celebrate: bring signs and noisemakers, wear your NWA gear, get goofy!
- As the seniors and their families drive through, cheer, shout, and have a good time congratulating them on their years of hard work!!
See the map below with the parade route: